Who is HMS and why are we here?
A trusted name in health IT, HMS is a Silicon Valley-based company with 14 years experience working with hospitals, physicians & practice groups and insurers to make reliable HIPAA compliant information interoperable -- easily available for reporting, clinical treatment and improved coordination.
HMS/PHIMover has been on Puerto Rico since 2018, working in a collaboration with Sana Coop, among a handful of the most highly rated medical practices on the Island, and an innovator in complex care.
As a trusted partner with several institutions working internationally, HMS is the integrator bringing all IT solutions seamlessly into one operation.
We work with demonstrated Open Source products to harness and adopt cost-effective solutions to meet the needs of your locality. We work with your existing IT vendor/s and staff
- to integrate these solutions
- to adapt Open Source to your local needs
- to train your staff
- to assure quality and accountability for project implementation
Building on HMS’ privacy and operational prowessHMS responds to the urgent call for advanced technology solutions in navigating through pandemic conditions
- Technology must be an ‘IRL’ (In Real Life) solution
- HMS’ depth in operating systems translates to on-the-ground navigation in a time of crisis
- Danger in rush to implement without operating context
- Connecting while protecting data between silos and systems
COVID-Alerts without such connections are inefficient, and prone to errors or delays
- Ease of use in supporting rapid cycle improvement
- We MUST have more and better information – rapidly
- HMS builds on its roots: achieving better, more trustworthy health information
- Builds on HMS’ ‘best in class’ platform
User friendly technology, assuring privacy and authentication, easily adaptable to front end use
- Reliable reporting and ease of sharing information between jurisdictions and with a central governance structure.
- COVID-19 testing ramp up and timely feedback loops between labs, PHAs and physicians
- Contact tracing is a potentially costly, resource/ labor intense set of activities in the face of resource scarcity.
- Technology as a tool-- there is no SINGLE technology to solve this, but rather technologies that work in conjunction with people and systems – ‘in real life’ or IRL.
- Tools must be robust and scalable to cover entire jurisdictions, regions and states.
HMS as integrator in Covid-19
Other emerging tools: contact recording call center
- In process of adoption
CommCare by Dimagi
CRM to track individuals
- B-Corp; Open Source; global presence; low cost footprint
- Forms-based CRM tool with text/browser forms to patients; 20 years experience with chronic disease and past epidemics
SafePaths by MIT/Mayo
- PHImover/HMS has been recognized by SafePaths leadership as leading viable efforts within Puerto Rico's health and business sectors --- supporting an early Pilot with Sana Coop.
- Ernst & Young in Puerto Rico is supporting this effort, managing dissemination strategy for MIT
- Peter Broadwell, senior technology advisor, is participating in high level meetings with steering technical team. Meeting regularly with lead programmers
- Under consideration
Contact recording tool
- Will integrate a technology bringing the Bluetooth methodologies proposed for contact tracing.
- May Leverage Google/Apple operating system level tool
- Will adopt using data from any app that meets the philosophical criteria of the project and can be integrated into workflow for provider/contact tracer
Call Center tool
support decentralized Contact Tracer
- May integrate a technology to support decentralized Contact Tracing operations
- Health Authorities
Local jurisdictions, state and federal government
Commercial Insurance, Public funders – Medicaid, Medicare
- Medical Groups and Health Systems
Caring for patients in communities
Those taking leadership to assure the most rapid return to safe working environments for economic security and growth
Testing for Covid-19